Registration is free for a monarch conservation field day hosted by the Iowa State University monarch research team!
Coffee/check-in will be 9:00-9:15am on Monday, July 24, 2017 at FEEL. Presentations from 9:15am-noon will include:
- monarch habitat establishment and water quality practices
- selection of habitat plant species
- monarch preference among native milkweed species
- life stages of the monarch butterfly (live display)
- weed management in conservation plantings
Location: the 23-acre Field Extension Education Lab (FEEL) just west of Ames, Iowa at 1928 240th Street, Boone, IA 50036
Coffee and light breakfast are included. Please register online today to help us plan for your visit!
This field day is presented on behalf of the Iowa Monarch Conservation Consortium and the USDA-NRCS Conservation Innovation Grant program