Join the ISU monarch research team as a research assistant! Lab technician roles for monarch and milkweed research are available immediately. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE JAN 31. All levels of experience are encouraged to apply and applications will be reviewed until all roles are filled.
Looking to gain laboratory research experience? In this role, you will assist members of the Iowa State University monarch research team with care of milkweed species and nectar plants, assisting with laboratory trials and rearing monarch larvae to adulthood. Other duties: daily greenhouse work, data collection, data entry, and field duties as assigned. Outreach opportunities may include public events such as workshops or field days.
Part-time positions are available immediately (10-15 hours/week). Compensation is $10/hr or according to experience.
You must be organized and willing to work flexible hours, including weekends.
You must have a valid U.S. Driver's License.
Preference will be given to:
- applicants with WEEKEND and TUE/THUR availability
- coursework in entomology, biology, horticulture, plant pathology, agronomy or related fields.
Demonstrated experience in any one of these areas is helpful but not required:
- previous lab assistant experience
- knowledge of butterfly, bee and/or plant taxonomy
- ability to strictly follow research protocols
- experience with greenhouse maintenance or management
To apply, email PDF resume, cover letter + class schedule to Jacque Pohl, coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.