"Prairie Seeds, Bees and Birds"
10:00am - 5:00pm on Saturday January 25, 2020 at Ames High School
Seminar by Iowa Prairie Network is FREE and open to the public. Doors and registration open at 9:30am.
For more information contact: Trish Patrick, email@example.com
The morning session starts at 10:00am and ends by 11:30am:
3 concurrent presentations to choose from - each lasting an hour and a half :
A) Sorting Out The Asters – Symphyotrichum, Eurybia, Doellingeria and Lonactis with Deb Lewis and Tom Rosburg
B) What Have I Learned in the Past 40+ Years of Prairie Reconstruction and Restoration? with Carl Kurtz
C) An Introduction to the "iNaturalist" app for Species ID and Record Sharing with Anna Golightly, Don Eyerly and Roslea Johnson
The display/vendor room will open at 11:00am.
Lunch break is from 11:30am until 12:30pm. Sandwiches will be available on site during the break and you are welcome to bring a sack lunch. The cafeteria area will be open for attendees to sit, eat and visit.
The afternoon session will be in the auditorium starting at 12:30pm and ending around 5:00pm:
There will be 3 presentations with a 30-min break between each to give you a chance to have refreshments, bid on silent auction items, view displays, and visit.
1) "Bumble Bee and Rusty Patched Bumble Bee Biology and Ecology" by Sarah Nizzi
2) Panel discussion "Prairie Seed Selection - Do's and Don'ts" with Tom Rosburg, Justin Meissen. and Pauline Drobney (moderated by Jon Judson)
3) Photo presentation"Saving Prairies Can Save Grassland Birds" by Doug Harr
Silent auction proceeds will support prairie management on a local site. If you would like to donate items for the silent auction contact Carman Rosburg firstname.lastname@example.org. Items for the auction may be brought to the seminar site starting at 9:00am on 1/25. Bidding on items will start around 11:30am.
Directions to Ames High School:
- Coming to Ames on I-35, take Exit-113 (13th St)
- go west into Ames (2.5 miles)
- take Grand Ave north (right) to 20th St.
- then go west (left) on 20th St.
- this will take you directly into the north end of the High School property.
Continue to drive along the north side of the building there is parking available and a double door entrance into the building near the west end. A large parking lot is also available on the east side of the building and enter at the multiple doors under the "Home of the Little Cyclones" sign. We will try to have Meeting signs posted on both entrances.