Please register here by June 30 to help us plan for your visit! Registration includes lunch, workshop materials and free on-site parking.
Coffee/check-in will be 9:30 - 10:00am on Friday, July 13 at FEEL. Presentations from 10:00am - 3:00pm will include:
- monarch movement using radio telemetry
- modeling monarch habitat in the agricultural landscape
- monarch habitat establishment and water quality practices
- life stages of the monarch butterfly
- weed management in conservation plantings
Location: the 23-acre Field Extension Education Lab (FEEL) just west of Ames, Iowa, at 1928 240th Street, Boone, IA 50036.
This field day is presented by the ISU monarch research team on behalf of the USDA-NRCS Conservation Innovation Grant program, in collaboration with Iowa State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and ISU Extension and Outreach.